WELCOME TO THE LINCOLN MIDDLE SCHOOL
PHYSICAL EDUCATION WEBSITE
Lincoln Physical Education Staff:
You can also follow Lincoln Athletics on Twitter @LincolnPhysEd
Our students take part in a well rounded program consisting of a variety of physical activities, sports and fitness activities for all students. Our goal is to develop skills and attitudes that promote living a healthy active lifestyle and life long physical activity.
The students are assessed in the five strands (General Learning Outcomes) that make up the Physical Education/Health curriculum. These strands include:
1. Movement - The student will demonstrate competency in selected movement skills, and knowledge of movement development and physical activities with respect to different types of learning experiences, environments, and cultures.
2. Fitness Management - The student will demonstrate the ability to develop and plan for lifelong physical activity and well-being.
3. Safety - The student will demonstrate safe and responsible behaviors to manage risks and prevent injuries in physical activity participation and in daily living.
4. Personal/Social Management - The student will demonstrate the ability to develop self understanding, to make health enhancing decisions, to work cooperatively and fairly with others, and to build positive relationships with others.
5. Healthy Lifestyle Practices - The student will demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions for healthy living related to personal heath practices, active living, healthy nutritional practices, substance use and abuse, and human sexuality.